Have you heard of the Montreal based organic superfoods company PRANA? Well...if you hadn't, now you have! I get almost all of my superhero foods from Prana and I have yet to be disappointed. From goji berries and sundried bananas to raw cacao and chia seeds they have it all. Want to hear the best part? The folks over at Prana are such nice people that just for reading my blog they are giving you a 10% discount until March 31rst! Just enter this discount code at their online checkout: BMPRANA10.
The folks at Prana sent me their Lucuma powder and I am so excited to introduce you to this super power, low glycemic sweet sweet treat. Lucuma comes from a tree that grows high in the mountains and is super rich in iron, betacarotene, niacin and much much more. Lucuma adds a little sweetness to recipes and has a nutty caramel flavour. Try out these Lucuma cookie bites and you will see what I mean.
LUCUMA COOKIE BITES
✿1 cup raw cashews (blended into a meal)
✿1/4 cup hemp seeds
✿1/4 cup chia seeds
✿1/2 cup lucuma powder
✿1/4 cup coconut oil
✿5 drops liquid stevia (or 1 tsp honey)
✿1 tbsp water
1)Place the cashews into a high power blender or food processor and pulse until it becomes a fine meal.
2)Transfer the cashew meal to a medium size bowl and add to it the remaining ingredients.
3) Stir all of the ingredients together until combined (use your hands to make a ball with the dough).
4) Roll about 2 tbsp of the dough between your hands to form a ball and place it on a tray or plate.
5) Continue to roll small bowls until all of the dough has been used.
6) Place the tray of lucuma treats in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to set.
7) Remove from the fridge and enjoy!
Song of the day!
Have a wonderful sunshiny day!