RAW GINGER PEOPLE
(adapted from "A Dash of Compassion"..thank-you!)
✿3/4 cup almond pulp
(from the use of 1 cup of almonds for almond milk)
✿1 tbsp raw cacao powder
✿1 tbsp ground flax
✿1/4 cup nut butter
✿1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger
✿1 tsp cinnamon
✿1 tsp ground ginger
✿dash of nutmeg (depends on how strong you like it)
✿1/8 tsp sea salt
✿1/4 tsp vanilla extract
✿25 drops Nunaturals liquid stevia
(or 3 tbsp raw honey, maple syrup or agave).
1) Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until the ingredients begin to form a dough, at this point you can start to use your hands to form the dough into a ball.
2) Place the ball of dough in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes (this will make it easy to roll).
3) Cut two equal size pieces of parchment paper. Lay one piece down and place the ball of dough on top. Place the other piece of parchment on top of the dough (so that it is sandwiched between the two pieces).
4) With a rolling pin (or a wine bottle if you don't have one), begin to roll the dough out between the pieces of parchment until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick. It doesn't matter if you make the dough into a perfect rectangle because you will be using a cookie cutter.
5) Once the dough is rolled, remove the top piece of parchment paper and use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies (preferably a little gingerbread person).
Option 1: place the cookies on a teflex lined dehydrator sheet.
Option 2: place the cookies on a parchment lined cookie tray.
Option 3: place the cookies on a parchment lined tray that can fit in your freezer.
6) Once you have cut out all of the cookies from the dough (you will need to combine the odd ends of dough and re-roll a few times in order to use it all up). Follow the instructions now according to the option you are following.
Option 1: place the dehydrator sheet in the dehydrator at 105 for about 10 hours (it depends on how crunchy you want them...this is a happy medium).
Option 2: place the cookie tray in the oven at its lowest setting for 8-10 hours.
Option 3: place the tray in the freezer until firm and eat as a frozen cookie treat.
7) Pair them with hot chocolate for the best holiday snack ever!